The plants you are about to see are highly dangerous, poisonous and rather bizarre looking, almost like nature wanting to show us that it can be both beautiful and fragile but, at the same time, dangerous and frightening. Memorize these images and stay away when you encounter such plant specimens.
The Red Tide phenomenon is a somber and bleak as its name, referring to an influx of tiny seaweed, also known as Algera Pelagius, which besides turning to waters into a rust colour, this poisonous plant is rapidly absorbed by shellfish and thus spread across the coastline, killing anything in its path. The poison is extremely neurotoxic causing limb and respiratory pathways paralysis. Besides the human victims, these toxic algae also leave behind a grotesque display of several dead seabirds and ducks that are generally exposed to it.
The Spurge Laurel pretty much looks like a harmless ornamental garden plant, but this woody mini-shrub can cause horrific death, due to the powerful biocides it contains. Handling the plant carelessly will cause painful blisters and irritation and ingesting, even a few of its berries, will lead to severe internal bleeding and organ failure, death being imminent within several hours. The only living creatures immune to its effects are wild Greenfinches.
The New Zeeland Tree Nettle is a monstrous plant, very much resembling the common nettle plant, only extensively more toxic, also causing immediate death to these walking into it. Its weirdly large needles deliver a potentially lethal corrosive neurotoxin that will cause nervous system breakdown. If death doesnít occur instantly, degenerative nervous system breakdown will occur in time.
The Gympie-Gympie tree, originating in Australia is classified as the most dangerous and painfully stinging plant tree. The pain felt after touching this plant is as if hot acid would be sprayed on the skin, driving those affected to suicide. The toxin is so persistent, that it may remain active, causing continuous burning sensations up to two years after being stung.
The Himalayan Blackberry will definitely cause some serious skin lesions, as its tangled, inch-long thorn vines, can cut through skin like blades, causing massive bleeding as they can go as deep as your veins and arteries. Not to mention the eye damage they can cause, if you do not wear some shatter proof eye protection.
Native to the forests of South America, the fascinating Angel Trumpet is as deadly as it sounds, containing a triple poisonous cocktail of atropine, hyoscyamine and scopolamine. The latter component is highly dangerous, especially when used as a biological weapon by humans, causing psychotic states and a hypnotizing effect, leaving the victims unaware of their actions, but still conscious; like zombies.
Unlike the edible Camas, the Death camas or Toxicoscordion venenosum will kill you if ingested as this brightly coloured plant is extremely poisonous, the smallest amounts causing organ failure and blood disturbance.
The Giant Hogweed can causes severe skin damage to people just by simply touching it as the sap it produces will react with sunlight and burns through the skin and tissue, leading to necrosis and profound purple lesions that may take up to several years to heal completely. It is also 8 feet tall, so when you see it, turn the other way around.
Although innocent and delicate looking, the Buttercup flower is one of the deadliest garden plants. It can produce serious skin rashes if touched, and death if ingested, causing organ and nervous system intoxication.
family. Although some of its parts are edible, the rest are highly poisonous, being rich in calcium oxalate, a strong corrosive toxin that burns into the flesh and can cause organ shut down.